- Watched today's episode of CNN Student News
- Viewed the last part of a Napoleon biography video. If you have an excused absence, you will be excused from that.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Reviewed the French Revolution benchmark test
- Completed the Taboo review game
- Took French Revolution test. If you have a cleared, excused absence, you will take the test in class when you return on Friday.
- no class today due to the PSAT
Posted by FongHistory at Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Collected the Congress of Vienna worksheet
- Played a review game, French Revolution Taboo, in preparation for Wednesday's/Thursday's test
- Had a lunchtime review session to prepare for the test
- Returned papers
- Notes on the social and cultural aspects of China from chapter 14.
- Here's a link to the audio pronunciation guide I talked about in class today.
Posted by FongHistory at Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Monday, October 13, 2014
- Discussed the essay question that will be on the French Revolution test.
- Notes: Congress of Vienna
- Worksheet: Congress of Vienna. If you were absent, print it out, complete it, and turn it in Tuesday.
- Completed the activity on Augustus
- Notes on chapter 14.
- The chapter 13-14 test will be postponed until Monday, 10/20 because we do not have class Wednesday due to the PSAT. Chapter 14 summaries will also be due on Monday.
Posted by FongHistory at Monday, October 13, 2014
Friday, October 10, 2014
- Complete Steel Monster video, turn in notes
- Discussed the essay question for our French Revolution test:
- What were the causes of the French Revolution? See pages 217-219 for some helpful ideas.
- Chapter 13 test
- Students turned in chapter 13 summaries/cards
- Worked on examining document sources on Augustus. See me for the hand-outs
Posted by FongHistory at Friday, October 10, 2014
Wednesday, October 08, 2014
- Collected Napoleon Map from those who hadn't turned it in Tuesday
- Napoleon DBQ packet. Print it out, complete it, and turn it in when you return.
- Began video: Napoleon--Steel Monster
- Wrote down 6 key ideas from video
Posted by FongHistory at Wednesday, October 08, 2014
Tuesday, October 07, 2014
- Returned old assignments
- Discussed the Democracy/6 Thinkers test and essay
- Students completed a worksheet about territories Napoleon conquered. Print out the worksheet, complete it, and turn it in. NOTE: the page number for the map on the worksheet is wrong (it says page 666). It is on page 232.
- Discussed sourcing documents--why there are different perspectives on historical events.
- Did an activity to practice examining sources. See me for the worksheet.
- Discussed plausibility, credibility, and sourcing
- Briefly discussed the portion of the book that describes jihad. Here is a video of Osama bin Laden's declaration of jihad on the U.S. to a CNN reporter in 1997:
Posted by FongHistory at Tuesday, October 07, 2014
Monday, October 06, 2014
- Notes on event #6 Napoleon's Rise to Power. If you were absent, copy the notes from a classmate.
- Watched a portion of today's episode of CNN Student News.
- Our French Revolution unit test will be Wednesday/Thursday, October 14/15.
- Pop quiz on chapter 13.
- Notes: Chapter 13
- Handed out study guide that will be due with summaries on Friday.
- Watched a short video on the hajj from last week
- Watched a short video about selfies and the hajj:
Posted by FongHistory at Monday, October 06, 2014
Friday, October 03, 2014
Wednesday, October 01, 2014
- Notes on the Reign of Terror
- video excerpt from French Revolution
- Guillotine Video
- See me regarding the videos if you were absent.
- Here is our class video from the Reign of Terror. Enjoy!
- Reviewed the chapter 11 test
- Video excerpt: Silk Roads and Constantine's conversion.
- Why did the Roman Empire fall? Use pages 246-250, and find 3 reasons why it fell and give examples.
Posted by FongHistory at Wednesday, October 01, 2014
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014
- Period 1: Answered questions 1-3 on page 221.
- Period 6: Answered questions 1-5 on page 221.
- Period 7: notes on the March on Versailles
- Notes on Ch. 12
- Watched the first 21 minutes of The Story of India about the Spice Routes and Silk Roads.
Posted by FongHistory at Monday, September 29, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
- Notes and video excerpts on the French Revolution. If you were absent, be sure to copy the notes from a classmate.
- Reviewed the chapters 9-10 test
- Graded the Connections sheet
- Notes on Christianity in Rome
- Viewed video excerpts from Mankind: Empires. See episode below.
Posted by FongHistory at Wednesday, September 24, 2014