We continued with the next portion of the film. Below are the journals that are due on Thursday, March 13 at the beginning of the period.
Remember, journals must be typed and must include the questions. If typing them out and printing is impossible for you, see Mrs. Borges immediately. Otherwise, we will expect you to have printed copies ready to turn in on Thursday.
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
- Discussed some key topics from the chapter:
- Why and how imperialism took place
- Belgian imperialism in the Congo
- Watched short video about effects of Belgian imperialism
- Berlin Conference
- US imperialism in Hawaii
- Watched short video
- Discussed social darwinism
- Journals must be typed. See Mrs. Borges immediately if typing them out is a major problem
- You will be graded on the amount of thought and effort you put in. If an answer is calling for a paragraph, you must answer it in a 6-8 sentence paragraph that shows thought about the topic.
Posted by FongHistory at Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Monday, March 03, 2014
- Researched US and Japanese imperialism, pp. 928-930. Completed compare/contrast chart for those two countries. See me for the handout if you were absent. I've also posted it on the Facebook page if you want to get it off of there: tinyurl.com/apwh1314
- Handed out information for the AP test, as well as the map. There will be a quiz on the map on Monday.
- Begin day 1 of the film.
- Here is the first journal. Remember the requirements for the journal:
- Must be typed. See Mrs. Borges immediately if typing it out is impossible for you.
- You will be graded on accurate and THOUGHTFUL responses. Many of the questions, particularly on journals 2 through 5 require multiple paragraphs for your answer. Spend time on them as they will be worth about the same as a test score.
- If you missed Friday's benchmark, the make-up will be on Thursday, March 6 at lunch. This is the ONLY time to make it up. If you miss it, you will receive a zero.
Posted by FongHistory at Monday, March 03, 2014
Friday, February 28, 2014
- students turned in the chapter 32 summaries and connections sheet
- chapters 31-32 test
- If you were absent for the test, the make-up will be Wednesday, March 5 at lunch in my classroom. This is the ONLY time to take it. If you do not show up for it, you will have earned a zero.
- graded the connections sheet
- Students took the WWI benchmark. If you were absent, see Mrs. Borges for the make-up date.
- Period 3 had notes on the Russian Revolution.
- Other periods read about Kristallnacht and finished the Russian Revolution video.
- Study guide for chapter 33, due Friday along with the summaries.
- Also, don't forget that test corrections are due Monday.
Posted by FongHistory at Friday, February 28, 2014
Thursday, February 27, 2014
- Students turned in movie permission slip
- Completed the part of the Century Video that was started Tuesday and answered questions 1-4
- Worksheet on Benito Mussolini. Students completed it and turned it in. Print the worksheet out and turn it in to Mrs. Borges.
- Notes: Russian Revolution. Copy from a classmate if you were absent.
- Began video on the Russian Revolution. See Mrs. Borges for more information.
Posted by FongHistory at Thursday, February 27, 2014
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
- Students researched the causes of the decline of the Ottoman, Russian, and Chinese empires. This information will be used on next week's practice comparative essay.
- Collected late permission slips
- Collected holocaust letters
- Read from Anne Frank's diary and Elie Wiesel's book.
- Watched a portion of a video about Hitler's rise to power. See Mrs. Borges for the worksheet that goes with it.
Posted by FongHistory at Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Monday, February 24, 2014
- Worked in groups on key questions from chapter 32. Link to the page to enter your answers to the study questions that were assigned today in chapter 32.
- Handed out the Connections sheet for time period #4, 1450-1750. Due Friday.
- Remember to register for the AP test immediately! See Mrs. Garrison in the Tamarack office.
- Chapter 32 video on Japan that is helpful for the later portion of the chapter.
- Completed the Progression of the Holocaust sheet. Students turned the completed sheet in. See Mrs. Borges for the information.
- Wrote a letter to a friend about the Holocaust experience.Due on Tuesday.
Posted by FongHistory at Monday, February 24, 2014
Friday, February 21, 2014
- Student turned in the chapter 31 summaries
- took the 27-31 tests
- Reading schedule for chapter 32:
- Friday 879-883
- Saturday 883-886
- Sunday 886-892
- Monday 892-898
- Tuesday 898-904
- Continued work on the Progression of the Holocaust sheet. See Mrs. Borges for details.
Posted by FongHistory at Friday, February 21, 2014
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Friday, February 14, 2014
- Reviewed the CCOT Middle East essay from last week.
- Researched the reactions to the industrial revolution from pages 834-837
- Chapter 31 reading schedule:
- Map test. See Mrs. Borges for the make-up immediately
- Finished the vocabulary for the next unit. Copy from a classmate
- Notes: Hitler background. Copy from a classmate.
Posted by FongHistory at Friday, February 14, 2014