Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Period 4 AP World History for Wednesday, September 28

Before I get into what we covered in class today, I want to remind everyone how important it is to read and STUDY the chapter.  It's not enough to have your eyes go over each word in the chapter.  You also have to UNDERSTAND it!  I will be going over a couple of study methods on Monday to help those who might be struggling.
  1. Today we took the chapters 11 and 12 test.  If you have an excused absence, the ONLY time to make it up will be Thursday, October 6th at lunch in my classroom.
  2. I then allowed students time to finish the study guide.  It will be due this Friday to Mrs. Castillo (don't forget that I will be absent that day).
  3. I also discussed exactly what I am looking for in the study guide.  The definitions need to be thorough and include detail and significance of the term/person/place.  Failure to include that will result in you losing points on your study guide.
  4. Finally, here is the reading schedule for chapter 13:
    1. 317-324
    2. 325-332
    3. 333-337
    4. 338-340
      Because we tested on Wednesday this week, you have the opportunity to get ahead.  Be sure that you take advantage of this opportunity and do an EXCELLENT job on the study guide.  Remember, those who do a better job on the study guide almost always do better on the tests.  It's a win-win situation!

No comments: