Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Currently Reading...

In preparation for upcoming units, I'm reading a couple of books. For our French Revolution unit in World History, I've started Napoleon: A Life by Paul Johnson. Johnson, a Briton, is also the author of a popular United States history book called A History of the American People which has helped me through some of our U.S. History units. Napoleon is a pretty small book so I'm hoping to get through it rather quickly so that it will help my students understand his role in history.
The other book I just received today (from Buy.com; great prices, btw) is W.E.B. Du Bois' classic The Souls of Black Folk. Our unit on the Progressive Era is coming up soon and Du Bois plays a major role. Now if I can just get out of morning supervision duty, and football duty, and social science department meetings, I might have some time to actually READ these books!

No comments: